Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Short trips to Tokyo

So in our last few weeks in Japan we tried to make it to Tokyo to finish up any last minute purchases and sight seeing. One weekend we went to the Seibu Lions game since it was so much fun last year. It rained the whole day but we were under a covered roof which was nice. It wasn't to cold. The Kruse family (6 of them) and the Haggerty's (3) joined us as well. Between all the kids running around I don't think we got to watch much of the game but we all had fun anyways. It was amazing I got Ethan to take a nap. All the kids were very good. As we were getting ready to leave Ethan took a nasty fall and scraped his face on the cement. It looked horrible but it healed up very fast. The Seibu Lions lost the game. At the beginning of the 7th inning you blow up these balloons and let them go. I think that was the kids favorite part. After the game we headed to another part of Tokyo to get some much needed Mexican food. It was so good. I think all of us cleaned our plates until nothing was left. Ethan managed to throw his cup across the table and it hit the margarita glass and broke it. That's my son. Monkey boy that he is.










The following weekend we headed back to Tokyo to Yokohama. Yokohama is known for Chinatown. It was mostly all food and the same shops over and over. We got some good Chinese food and wonder around China town. Then we headed to Ueno after that to look at the beautiful cherry blossom trees. It is so amazing how beautiful all these trees are. I am really going to miss this part of Japan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home